Sunday, August 24

under fire....

Emergency room visits, electricity turned off for no reason, losing my diamond out of my wedding ring, car breaking down, locked out of my car, and the list goes on and on. Since returning from summer camp in mid July and announcing our plans to be obedient to Christ our lives have been turned upside down. It seems as though what could go wrong has. All this I have dealt with mostly at home by myself. Matt was working out of town for the past 4 weeks. I had every opportunity to wallow in self pity and ask God why? And a year ago I would have done just that!! What a difference a year makes. I am so thankful to share that God has shown me measure upon measure of His grace in my life during this time. After a year of praying and asking God what direction He wanted for our lives, I have done plenty of waiting on Him. I am so glad He is active in my life and I can see His hand in every situation. For example, the diamond fell out of my wedding ring and I looked for it all over only to find it on my kitchen floor later that day. When our car would not start in San Antonio we were in a parking lot with a man who had just started his own "roadside assistance" business and there was an Auto Zone across the street with the parts we needed!! In every emergency there was an awesome outcome. He is so good. He has met our every need and given us grace as we deal with life. I cannot say it is FUN being under attack but I can say I am thankful that Gods favor rests with us and He has extended us grace. Spiritual warfare has never been so "real" to me, but I can say that I know who wins in the end and I'm humbled to be on His side...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spiritual warfare is so real! Satan is a loser!! What else can I say?!! We are praying for you and completely understand. Hang in there and continue praising God. Miss you guys!